Evaluation of performance of NDA-II government 2014-19
(A document for public debate)
A friend of mine believe that I am an anti-national and wanted to enlighten me of the current NDA government. He gave me this propaganda book for free, though it is priced at rupees 50. Thanks for that. However, I am not sure whether he would've accepted any book from me, of any other party or ideology, in return. This book calls for public debate and I would be happy if he is ready to discuss on this. Exit polls out today, I feel that it is only right on my part return this book and encourage public debate with him. Before return I would like to quote some lines from the book.
* Act on the principle of decentralisation within the country.
* Harness non-economic motivations like patriotism, sense of duty/responsibility, pursuit of excellence, etc.
* Strikes against Pakistan has sent a wave of happiness, self-respect and self-confidence among countrymen, for the first time, a fitting reply has been given for jihadi terrorist acts supported by Pakistan.
* The Balakot airstrike, across and inside Pakistani territory proclaimed government's firm resolve to combat terrorism effectively.
* A good beginning has been made to root out corruption and high levels in government. But unless this is achieved at middle and lower rungs, the present gains may whither away.
* Courage in going in for demonetisation, accepting adverse criticism, trader community ill-ease, short-term setback to growth rate and opposition of vested interests, for the sake of long-term national gains and putting economy on the path bereft of Black Money, benami transactions, etc.
* According due respect to Hindu Saints and seers in contrast with UPA practice of avoiding this.
* By stressing on devotion to Bharat Mata and actually working as a devotee of Bharat Mata, PM Narendra Modi has reversed the trend of UPA to support divisive tendencies and working against National ethos in the name of secularism and the garb of progressivism and fighting communalism.
* After Lal Bahadur Shastri, Narendra Modi was first PM to appeal the citizens of country for personal sacrifice for the sake of disadvantaged and also for national development. This received good response in non-availing of subsidy for cooking gas or rail travel by Millions.
* Endeavored to bring major changes in work culture in Central government offices.
* The real bureaucratic reform process has still not commenced. Even the deliberations have not been witnessed.
* Neglect of public sector bank NPAs for too long. This has adversely affected banking credibility, development process and encouraged misuse of public money for private use.
* Neglect of public rail and Road Transport in urban areas.
* There has been a lag on job front. This is a worldwide phenomenon and not confined to Bharat.
* Public transport in place of private and individualized transport is not being properly promoted or even encouraged.
* No strategic thinking or policy in place to counter China in domestic market.
* Only partial steps to encourage local manufacturing through 'Make in India' projects.
* Failure to come out with a clear inspiring National Education Policy overlooking the established fact that formal education and character-building are the real transforming factors in the right national development.
* Active, effective communication with press has been lacking. This could have been better handled in spite of the hostility of major media personalities for various reasons.
* Non-resolution of issue of Ram Mandir at Ayodhya, due to inordinate delay in hearing of the pending case in Supreme Court.
OVERALL THE GOVERNMENT PERFORMANCE IS FAR BETTER THAN PREVIOUS UPA-II GOVERNMENT ON ALMOST ALL COUNTS.
PS: Okay... Now, let's wait for May 23, 2019 results...